Through funding from the Forschungskredit, the University of Zurich supports its junior scholars at the doctoral level (Candoc) and the postdoctoral level (Postdoc). As expected, nearly 8 million CHF can be allocated to approved projects in the year 2017.
Candoc funding goes toward promising young academics who would like to work on an excellent PhD thesis at the University of Zurich. Primarily salary funds are granted in order to provide researchers with protected research time for their project.
Who can submit an application?
Applicants are eligible if they intend to take a PhD degree at the University of Zurich. At the time of submitting an application, they must be registered with the UZH or enclose a written confirmation from their future PhD supervisor at the UZH.
What will be funded?
- The applicant’s salary
- Materials (on a limited scale)
- Duration of funding is 24 months at the most, with a maximum possible extension of 12 months
Usually, each project receives CHF 50'000-100'000.
Call Forschungskredit 2017: Candoc
- Calls for the Candoc funding line take place once per annum. The next deadline for applications is set for 1 February 2017. The same deadline applies for applications for extensions.
- The earliest start of funding is 1 August 2017.
- Application guidelines for the Forschungskredit 2017: Candoc (PDF, 192 KB)
- Online submission: https://www.forkred.uzh.ch/index.php?id=1