The Early Postdoc.Mobility fellowships are directed to young scientists who are starting their careers after obtaining their doctorate. The fellowships enable researchers to conduct a research stay abroad in order to acquire more in-depth knowledge and enhance their scientific profile.
Mobility fellowships include a grant towards living costs and travel expenses and, in certain cases, expenses incurred by conducting research and attending conferences. The amount granted is based on the applicants’ family status and on the cost of living in the host country.
Duration of fellowships
usually 18 months
No follow-up application is possible. A prolongation of the stay may be requested via a Postdoc.Mobilityfellowship if the requirements listed in the regulations are met.
- Submission: Doctorate (PhD) already obtained no more than 2 years ago (or to be obtained within 9 months) or medical training completed with the state examination no more than 6 years ago
- Start of the fellowship: Doctorate obtained (PhD or MD)
- Swiss nationality or valid Swiss permanent residence, residence or cross-border commuter permit
- Candidates with foreign nationality: at least 3 years of research activity at a Swiss research institution
1 March and 1 September
Submission of applications
Persons belonging to the following categories must submit their funding application via the platform mySNF to the local Research Committee of the SNSF at the University of Zurich:
- Researchers holding a PhD from the University of Zurich
- Medical scientists who passed the state examination at the University of Zurich
The Research Committee of the SNSF at the University of Zurich is responsible for the assessment of applications and the decision-making.
Here you can download specific information of the Research Committee of the SNSF at the University of Zurich: